Sunday, March 14, 2010

Another Link and Exclusive New Comic News

While doing some writing... or more accurately trolling the web, I found a neat little story entitled: International Probe Targets Secretive Catholic Group. Would've been nice if this story was written last night in so that I don't have to re-post another news link, but.... what are you gonna do?

Anyway, I've decided to print up a collection of 100+ pages of Echoes of Dawn (collecting issues 1 - 4) into a neat little Trade paperback which will be available in time for the MCBA's (Minnesota Comic Book Association's) Springcon.

Yes I will be attending that little shindig. Or such is the theory. But the Trade Paperback will include an alternate 10 page first issue that was initially going to be the issue #0, but was scrapped after a long delay of artist changes. Having some extra time to rework important elements of the story before they went off to the current artist (otherwise known as the very talented Cliff Richards), I ended up rewriting the first book into a 22 page introduction to help give some added weight to the characters and their involvements in the story, and so forth.

Speaking of Cliff Richards, I have some exciting news to post on here, and so far only on here. I have a "new" book in the works. Ok, so new isn't exactly a true statement, as this book was in development back in 2005 when I was working with Fabiano Neves on the very first Echoes of Dawn issue. Yes, it's an old book, but an old book that has never seen the light of day, and was infact my very first collaboration with Cliff Richards. Originally the crew involved me, Al Rio (Titan A.E. movie), Cliff Richards (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Cris DeLara (Birds of Prey) on a (still to this day) untitled project. It's a sci-fi story and I'm hoping to release it as a 66+ page graphic novel sometime this summer. In the next couple of days, I'll post some of the character designs. Until then, I'll just let you imagine how awesome this book is going to be.

Z.M.Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment