Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's 4/20

And you know what that means...

Sevendust's new album "Cold Day Memory" has been released. You probably thought I was gonna make a pot joke, didn't you? ... like that hasn't been done before today.

Sure Sevendust comes out with an album nearly every year, and in some cases, the effort is barely visible. However, I am happy to say for the first time since Alpha, this is an album really worth the money. Don't get me wrong, I still like both Next and Chapter VII, but this album seems to really bring the elements of Sevendust that I feel have been too sparse. "Cold Day Memory" captures a lot of the best moments throughout their long career and their eight studio albums, and combines everything into an extremely solid package. Highlights are of course their two singles "Unraveling" & "Forever," but there is much more to this album than those two songs. Some of my favorites also include "Last Breath," "Ride Insane," and "Confessions (Without Faith)." Of course, there really isn't a song on the album that I don't enjoy, so a solid effort that is by my favorite Sevendust album to date.

Also, being that it's Tuesday, that also means that it's multi-media day, and that seems to be a widly known fact throughout the industry for books, movies, music and video games (recently as VG's used to launch on Wed). However, apparently James Cameron didn't get that fucking memo. Instead, he decided to street date his 300 million dollar ego trip to fall on earth day, and a Thursday. Now, I don't have a problem with the movie Avatar, being as I saw it in IMAX 3d and look forward to watching it again in my home theater. However, I do have a problem with someone who takes pleasure in making me drive out on Thursday (two days after the day I go out to collect any new release) which is about a 40 minute round trip. It's a 40 minute round trip because I live 13 minutes to a Target or Best Buy in any direction. So, no offense James Cameron, but you're an asshole for that. Now, I'll still drive out on Thursday to pick my copy up on Blu-Ray like the fucking tool I am... But I'm not terribly thrilled about it. At least with movies like "Twilight" that have Friday releases, I don't give a shit about... Mainly because they are awful films... but still Friday is still Friday, and not some obscure day of the week to force a release like Thursday or Sunday (That one is directed at you, Nintendo). But fuck... Whatever.

In other non media related news, May 1st the new Echoes of Dawn issue #5 is released. What makes this issue most noteworthy (other than the copious amounts of violence) is that this book was featured in Dez Skinn & Mark Millar's (Kick-Ass & Wanted) Comic Art Now book. That's right kiddies, a page from this upcoming book was featured along with several legendary artists (3 of which that have done work with me have been featured inside that collection including Contagion's Cris Bolson, Echoes of Dawn's Cliff Richards and Abe the Aborted Fetus's Anthony Tan.) So, I'll go ahead and post some new images of the new Echoes of Dawn book on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment